With advanced graduate degrees in both Psychology and Marriage and Family Therapy, I have been in clinical practice for 35 years as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in State College and Philadelphia. As a seasoned practitioner specializing in relationships, I also have advanced training as a divorce coach and family mediator. I apply communication skills that take the ‘war out of words’ and provide the emotional insight and the targeted interventions that remove the obstacles to rational, effective communication. Letting go of preconceived notions and false assumptions, allows for the collaborative process to unfold with dignity. I address co-parenting through child advocacy and create plans that work over time. I am also an active LGBTQ advocate with specific training in the sensitive legal and emotional issues impacting folks of diversity.
Through reframing, a constructive dialogue is possible despite emotions that feel overwhelming. My role as a divorce coach is to facilitate a language and framework that achieves your objectives with effective communication. I can work either as a neutral divorce coach for both clients or work as part of a dual divorce coach model. I am currently working with high conflict post-custody co-parenting as a Parenting Coordinator.
Please feel free to contact me directly through my website statecollegedivorce.com.
- 1988 – Present: Clinical Fellow in the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT).
- 1996 – Present: Mediation Divorce Training.
- 2011 – Present: Active member in the International Association of Collaborative Practitioners (IACP).
- 2011 – 2017: Annual conferences/workshops related to divorce and co-parenting throughout the life cycle
- 2011 – Present: Active member Central Counties Collaborative Law Community (CCCLC).